[fluid-dev] Re: Tuning Standard

From: Toby
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: Tuning Standard
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 11:08:15 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
> it would be nice to have some MIDI implementation for this though.
> Do you know of any MIDI standards off hand that handle this?

I do: http://www.midi.org/about-midi/tuning.shtml

I for one would love to see this standard implemented in FS!

I'm developing (actually still designing) my own microtonal app, which
will support outputting to MIDI with the tuning standard linked above,
among many other output options, including CSound's and FS's C API.

FYI, with OSC http://www.cnmat.berkeley.edu/OpenSoundControl/ you can
directly send the frequency you want to play to the synth, bypassing any
note/number abstraction.  The folks at linux-audio-dev list believe that
OSC should replace midi, at least for internal communication.

Toby

--
Signed/encrypted mail welcome.  GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x15C5C2EA