fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Managing Knowledge Types - Strange behaviour?

From: Tarmo Toikkanen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Managing Knowledge Types - Strange behaviour?
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:59:45 +0300

I'll download and install the update from subversion - even though it's only a cosmetic problem, I'll be encouraging my students to create their own knowledge type sets (based on software design methods that they've come up with) and I don't want them to be confused by the ids.

Of course, if you start your knowledge type set from scratch, you
won't run into these problems.

Before I do the update, I need to export my course and the new knowledge type set. Can you please tell me where the exports are stored? I can't seem to find it.

Actually, this is only a minor upgrade. It's enough to replace the
product with the new version and then run
http://SERVERNAME/FLENAME/reload_all_dtml as administrator. No need to
export and import - that's only needed if the information model has
changed between versions.

(I've done imports before, but not an export). For example, I select the course I want to export, click on the Export button, and then nothing obvious; the same with the Knowledge Type Sets. I'm doing a trawl through both the server's and local disks for .zip files and /or course/kts titles, but nothing appears. Should I get a pop-up menu asking me where to save the exported file? (Maybe it's my firefox configuration?).

A course (or entire Fle3 instance) export should reply with a zip file
which your browser should handle (either ask what to do or save
automatically somewhere, depending on your browser settings). An
export of a large course may take a while.

A normal zope export can be stored on the server or downloaded,  but
that's a different thing. Fle3 exports and imports use their own xml
format and always work with the client (export sent as zip file,
import sent as zip file from client machine).

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
http://www.iki.fi/tarmo/