fle3-dev

[Fle3-dev] Managing Knowledge Types - Strange behaviour?

From: Cormac McClean
Subject: [Fle3-dev] Managing Knowledge Types - Strange behaviour?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:04:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm experimenting with creating new knowldege type sets. Later this term I'll be encouraging my students to use the Designing Thinking Types to create a software design (an exercise in meta-design) and then create a knowldeg type set to represent their software design.

However, I've noticed that when I created a new knowledge type set by editing an existing one, the original note names are retained. For example, I decided to create a knowledge type set called "Plan and Reflect", which might help me plan a lesson (not what Fle3 was created for, I accept, but I'm really just playing around with it). I based it on the Design Thinking Types, and created notes called: Lesson, Outcome, Explanation and so on. I went through the three stages (occasionally saving and returning to it later), and at the matrix stage I clicked all of the boxes except for the first column and find that I now have the following inconsistency:
Lesson (lesson) (can start a thread)
Can be followed with:  context, challenge, idea,  info, eval, org, sum, reflect

Only the last note type is mine, the remainder are from the Design Thinking Types.

I'm using Fle3 1.5.

Attached is a snapshot.

Regards,
Cormac.
--
Cormac McClean.
Lecturer, Athlone IT Software Engineering

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Word or PowerPoint attachments.