firefly-dev

Re: [Firefly-dev] firefly - a bit from gimpy

From: firefly-dev
Subject: Re: [Firefly-dev] firefly - a bit from gimpy
Date: 01 Apr 2003 17:36:27 -0600

I have been going over this quite a bit with myself. I would really like
to keep alot of xml in here as possable. I will have a real problem if
this is just another sql project. I got the idea for this project
because I want something in a library that is very cross format and can
be ran on just about anything that has a processor. We should really
start addressing this and trying to figure just how we want the db. I do
not mind using postgresql or Mysql. I would just rather have it so that
the information in the file can be parsed by many a program and can kick
it back out into many different format. If it slows it down a bit that
is worth the cross platform expanditure. Let me know your thoughts,
John Hornbeck