fab-user

[Fab-user] user_guide question

From: Alex Robbins
Subject: [Fab-user] user_guide question
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:55:43 -0600

Just getting started with fabric, and it looks great. I am using fabric 0.9.0, not the development head.
First I make a fabfile like the one in the user_guide:

config.fab_hosts = ['127.0.0.1']
def hello():
    "Prints hello."
    local("echo hello")

Then I run 'fab' from the command line and get a stack trace:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/fabric.py", line 1214, in main
    _execute_commands(commands)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/fabric.py", line 1202, in _execute_commands
    COMMANDS[cmd](**(args or {}))
  File "fabfile.py", line 2, in test
    config.fab_hosts = ['127.0.0.1']
NameError: global name 'config' is not defined

This seems really simple, what did I do wrong?
Thanks,
Alex