Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 19:01:18 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 6:26 PM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tacvek" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:53 PM

The latest svn head appears to be having a problem with loading level stats. The game will write level stats to '.enigmarc2', but seems to ignore them, or not read them on startup. This is on windows, and for what its worth, I do have a HOME environment variable set.
The problem was that my enigma.exe was stale.
For some reason Configure is deciding that there is no executable suffix.
Will investigate the reason.

Ok. It appears that recent versions of the mingw32 debian package do not append '.exe' to the name of created exectuable. This is valid, but means that software like enigma have to check for and manually rename the executable's as needed. So to fix this, mingw32-dist.sh should check whether 'enigma.exe' exists, if it does not but 'enigma' does exist, it should do "cp enigma enigma.exe".

Sigh. what was the MingW people thinking?