Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 12:32:39 +0200

Hi,

Tacvek wrote:
Ok. It appears that recent versions of the mingw32 debian package do not append '.exe' to the name of created exectuable. This is valid, but means that software like enigma have to check for and manually rename the executable's as needed. So to fix this, mingw32-dist.sh should check whether 'enigma.exe' exists, if it does not but 'enigma' does exist, it should do "cp enigma enigma.exe".

Sigh. what was the MingW people thinking?

Just another MingW lesson.

I learned *NEVER* to upgrade to a candidate or a recent released MingW version - all MingW versions released within the last year have been withdrawn within a few weeks due to serious trouble they caused. May be Debian uses such a meanwhile withdrawn version.

Thus I stick to the MingW gcc 3.4.2-20040916 version, which is meanwhile again the official "current" MingW version. Some time ago I added in the repository "etc/build-cross.sh" to setup a stable cross compilation environment.

As far as I remember Daniel once suggested that we should put a compatible set of the Enigma required *.dll on a download server. Perhaps we should put them together with the above mentioned MingW version on the Berlios developer ftp-server.

- Ronald