[Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?

From: Tacvek
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma svn head, level stats mechanism broken?
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:53:37 -0400

The latest svn head appears to be having a problem with loading level stats. The game will write level stats to '.enigmarc2', but seems to ignore them, or not read them on startup. This is on windows, and for what its worth, I do have a HOME environment variable set.

Examining the game under filemon, it appears that on startup the game only looks for
"$HOME/.enigmarc3.xml"
and "C:\Program Files\Enigma\data\enigmarc3.xml" when starting up, but on closing it acesses:
"$HOME/.enigmarc3.xml",
"$HOME/.enigmarc2" and
"C:\Program Files\Enigma\data\enigmarc3.xml"

That makes it look like something might be causing enigma to fail somplace in options::load.

I've tried to debug the problem, but cannot seem to get the debugger to cooperate.