emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] discoverer

From: Mima Pugh
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] discoverer
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:37:29 -0500

He plunged away into the blackness, his boots thumping, his spursclinking.
These things were realities, strong intheir importunity for peace and joy of living.
Mertie, however, could not forget herself.
She had remembered what joy a giftbrought to them, one and all. The hunters moon lighted the last mile of the ride up to the Denmeadeclearing.
Her victory overenvironment had come too late.
She could see the beesswarm round Edd, apparently without disturbing him in the least. Her arms moved instinctively upward, until stoppedby the giant clasp that held her.
I reckonIm no better than the yellow-jackets. It was for Mertie he held me in his arms, whispered Lucy.
Lucy crawled back through the bushes to where she had left Clara. Dick stood like atall sapling outlined against the open sky. She peered for the white gleam ofher canvas tent. I bought her everything she fancied and I took hereverywhere. Theyremarried, and, Im sure, settled for life.
After supper Ill jump ahoss an ride after it. Lucy, dear, she said gently, youre in love with that wild-bee hunter. Only she knew just how responsible she had been for this happyevent.
Her arms moved instinctively upward, until stoppedby the giant clasp that held her.
Lucy was unutterably grateful for a changefar beyond her hopes.
He broke that wheel, and either killed or scattered most of theswarm. The forest seemed so shady andcool after the hot sunny open.
Edd carried an axe over his shoulderand a huge assortment of different-sized buckets on his arm. Then she bounded up and beat ahasty retreat to a safer zone.
I bought her everything she fancied and I took hereverywhere.
I hated to tell you before, hoping shed waittill I could earn some. The wild-bee hunter, in his brotherly love, hadhugged away her vanity and blindness.
But I cant capture an tame the old swarms.
He was manifestly in the grip of a frenziedglee.
Edd gravitated toward Lucy and Clara, presentlyleading them unobtrusively back toward some brush. Lucy, I hate to treat a bee tree like wedid this one.
I love it here, answered Clara swiftly, with a flash of passion.
Reckonin it all, arent you glad you had that awful spill an thengot stung? When I dontthink, Im full of some new kind of joy. Well have Joes cabin done by the time snow flies. It was what hewas that had made her love him.
Dick stood like atall sapling outlined against the open sky. She was the beginning and the end of this great day. When had Lucy seen such a smile on Claras face?
Claras tragic girlhood was fading into a past that was gone.