emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] self-sufficiency

From: Connor Ross
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] self-sufficiency
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:29:56 +0200

But we were to discoverthat the bubble of this district had also been burst. This will burn and burn brightly under almost anyconditions; very nearly under water. That was the Quartermaster, and he was drowning.
Nursing the gig up to the seas, I worked her along the coast line. Bill replied, in the most convincinglanguage that we were not. When they do break in Spring, its a sight tobe remembered.
In fact, one seems wholly dependent onthe engines. Waters sent for me and asked Why the hellcant the Chief get in touch with the beach?
Sitting on a fallen tree was an old cock partridge drumming with hiswings, calling to his mate!
I keptsaying to myself, Here am I, after what Ive said, being drowned afterall. Head her straight for the opposite eddy as if you weregoing to ram the bank at full speed. Many and evening wepassed away singing old popular songs. With the Quartermaster I tried to signal the shore. So a half ton iron tub was procured from forward, andevery scrap of care just thrown to the wind. Not so thetwo other chaps, who, like so many others from the great U. Welived in a state of moisture and the only wonder is that we didnt growwebs to our toes.
The first thingwas to get a fire going, and in this country one always carries a bit ofbirch bark.
Lawrence, and in those days ten knots wasconsidered quite a good speed. In water of this temperature a suit of underclothes and a belt does notoffer much protection.
Horses up to theirbellies in snow, stumbling over fallen trees, making a bare mile anhour. This did not appeal to me either,as theres no room for any but experts. There wasnt one, and, what was ofadded interest, we found that the river was rising.
Not so thetwo other chaps, who, like so many others from the great U.
Probably just a cut of a few feet into the bank will do.