emonkey-dev

[Emonkey-dev] consistent consistent

From: Cordelia Robbins
Subject: [Emonkey-dev] consistent consistent
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:00:02 -0400

He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.
ON BEAUTYAND a poet said, Speak to us of Beauty.
ON BEAUTYAND a poet said, Speak to us of Beauty.
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and isrefreshed. And is not the lute that soothes your spirit the very woodthat was hollowed with knives?
And the selfsame well from which your laughter riseswas oftentimes filled with your tears.
And I cannot teach you the prayer of the seas and the forestsand the mountains. And he answered, saying:Your hearts know in silence the secrets of the days and the nights.
What of the old serpent who cannot shed his skin,and calls all others naked and shameless? ON BEAUTYAND a poet said, Speak to us of Beauty. He sits alone on hill-tops and looks down upon our city. But regret is the beclouding of the mind and not its chastisement. You shall not dwell in tombs made by the dead for the living.
And he answered:Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. Forget not that modesty is for a shield against the eye of the unclean. Therefore let your visit to that temple invisible be for naughtbut ecstasy and sweet communion. To judge you by your failures is to cast blame upon the seasons fortheir inconstancy. BUT sweeter still than laughter and greater than longing came to me.
For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake a bitter breadthat feeds but half mans hunger. You shall not dwell in tombs made by the dead for the living. For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake a bitter breadthat feeds but half mans hunger.
And when the unclean shall be no more, what were modesty but a fetterand a fouling of the mind?
If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also. They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish.
And he answered:You delight in laying down laws,Yet you delight more in breaking them. YOU are good when you walk to your goal firmly and with bold steps. And when they reached my depth the streams and the rivers ceased not yetto sing. And what is the sun to them but a caster of shadows? Yet you shall not deplore having known blindness,nor regret having been deaf.
That which is you dwells above the mountain and roves with the wind.
In their fear your forefathers gathered you too near together. It lulls you to sleep only to stand by your bed and jeerat the dignity of the flesh.
BUT you do not see, nor do you hear, and it is well. And he answered:Your joy is your sorrow unmasked. For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of lifeis in the wind.