Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 20:01:05 +0200

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> I think there must be some reason why traditional audio players choose
> 'x', 'v' for start, stop. FWIU, x, c, v are near to each to other, so
> should be easy for user to remember. To distinguish, one can think of
> 'x' as execute, 'c' (pause) is in the middle of start and stop.

Yes. That is the reason why vi uses hjkl for cursor movement.
Emacs does not use that, because it's not mnemonic. I would prefer
Emacs-motivated keybindings, not vi-motivated keybindings.

(But I don't use the playlist mode, so feel free to override my
preference of course... :-))

Regards,
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))