Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: [emms-help] Re: "s" as a prefix binding
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:44:23 +0900

Lucas Bonnet <address@hidden> writes:

> I second the idea, all "player" commands should be in lowercase
> (start/stop, next, prev). If we swith to XMMS-like bindings (x for play,
> c for pause, b for next, etc.), it's going to confuse our users, and I
> don't find these keybindings intuitive at all.

I think there must be some reason why traditional audio players choose
'x', 'v' for start, stop. FWIU, x, c, v are near to each to other, so
should be easy for user to remember. To distinguish, one can think of
'x' as execute, 'c' (pause) is in the middle of start and stop.

If we bind 's' to stop, at least it confuses me at first, Start or Stop
?  On the contrary, binding sort prefix to 'S' makes it rather
inconvenient for one to sort things.(I personaly use sort quite often)
Besides, customizing a single key is much easier than a prefix key...

--
William