[emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action

From: Lucas Bonnet
Subject: [emms-help] Re: emms-stream-toggle-default-action
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 19:31:39 +0200

Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
> Just a thought:  Would it be impossible to play the track without
> either adding it to the playlist or erasing the playlist?  I think
> that might be close to what people will expect to happen.

Yeah, I thought of such a behavior when writing emms-streaming, at
first. Then I looked at emms.el :-)

> To clarify, I'm suggesting that pressing RET on one of the streams
> will just start playing that stream, keeping the current playlist.
> (This means that no track in the playlist will be the current track.
> I don't know if this is a major problem, but I suspect it might be.)

I think it might be. But I trust Jorgen, he's likely to have a solution
for that. EMMS internals are quite volatile, as long as a feature needs
a change.

> If that's either impossible or undesirable, adding the new track
> immediately after the current track and then skipping the current
> track also sounds like useful behavior.  Actually, I say go for this.

Sounds interesting too, I'm almost working on it, some code to
add-after-current-track will be committed this evening, I think.

Regards,
--
Lucas