[emacs-wiki-discuss] global bookmark facility?

From: joakim
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] global bookmark facility?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:32:04 +0200

I would like some form of global bookmark facility that is integrated
with planner.

I'm not sure how it would work exactly, but heres how I would like it
to work:

- you can tag urls, and all other linktype muse supports, with some
  sort of "global" flag

- there will be a global bookmark page, that is built by extracting
  all the global lins from the various pages

- the global bookmark page replaces the w3m bookmark page. the w3m
  add-bookmark function can be replaced so it adds links to planner
  instead.

- there will be some form of quick-jump with completion to links in
  the global page, like the usual emacs bookmark facility

The point of all this is to have a single bookmark facility that
replaces all other emacs bookmark facilities. It will be easier to
edit and links will be tied to planner project files rather than
floating about.

Surely someone has already coded this? If not I couls have a stab at
it. The main problem would be how to tag links as global.

--
Joakim Verona
http://www.verona.se