[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [bug #5882] Calendar arrow buttons not renderin

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [bug #5882] Calendar arrow buttons not rendering properly
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 21:12:59 -0400

René j <address@hidden> writes:

> anonymous-25 wrote:
>>

>> By default, Muse will not display the arrows properly, due to
>> limitations in the special-escaping algorithm.  To work around this,
>> remove
>> the & rule from `muse-xml-markup-specials'.
>>
>> (setq muse-xml-markup-specials
>>       '((?\" . """)
>>         (?\< . "<")
>>         (?\> . ">")))
>>

> It works alright with an added backslash in the first clause: (?\"
> . "\"")

The second part of each of those rules should be an HTML entity.  It
looks like either your email client, my email client, gmane, or the
mailing list software changed it.

If in doubt, copy the definition of muse-xml-markup-specials from
muse-xml-common.el and remove the last rule.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: Emacs Lisp, text markup, protocols -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net