Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] global bookmark facility?

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] global bookmark facility?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:28:07 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> I would like some form of global bookmark facility that is integrated
> with planner.
>
> I'm not sure how it would work exactly, but heres how I would like it
> to work:
>
> - you can tag urls, and all other linktype muse supports, with some
>   sort of "global" flag

Use planner-multi, make these links as tasks (or notes I suppose) and assign
them to whatever pages you want plus the page "global".

> - there will be a global bookmark page, that is built by extracting
>   all the global lins from the various pages

Publish the project. This will give you a page called "global", with HTML links
that you can follow.

> - the global bookmark page replaces the w3m bookmark page. the w3m
>   add-bookmark function can be replaced so it adds links to planner
>   instead.

There's really no added benefit to doing this that I can see. If you create a
planner task or note while visiting a w3m page (and you have planner-w3m
loaded), then the URL of the current page will already be attached to the note
or task automatically. So, instead of using w3m's add bookmark function, just
create a note or task with planner.

> - there will be some form of quick-jump with completion to links in
>   the global page, like the usual emacs bookmark facility

I don't know what you mean by this part. What names will the completion work
from? At what prompts would you have this completion? And what would you be
jumping to, and where would you be jumping from?

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net