emacs-pms-dev

Re: [emacs-pms] Hello

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [emacs-pms] Hello
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 20:38:58 +0100

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 19:11, Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I understand the topic of this list as including installers and
> installation, as well as the other stages.
yes!

> I would very much like to see emacs developers settle on a suite of tools
> that each do one part of the package management task well.

I would also like to see the creation of parts that can be used by various
package managers. I don't know whether an installer like yours could very
easily be used by a package manager to provide that part of it's functionality
as this likely is an aspect where we will see very different approaches.

But UI parts could probably be shared more easily.

Also I don't know how important it is at this point that the Emacs developers
agree on anything. It's us that should try to reuse each others libraries. And
factor out stuff so this is feasible.

-- Jonas