Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:20:10 +0100

Hi James,

James Harkins wrote:
> 3. Strong *emphasis* now renders in red, instead of keeping the text's
> original color and switching to boldface.

That's because the * are exported as \alert macros in the new exporter
(instead of \textbf in the old one -- for bold face).

As, in the LaTeX's Beamer back-end, you have the ability to either use alert
or bold face, I'd be very happy to do the same from the source Org file,
using:

- `*' for bold (as always),
- `@' for alert (for example[1]).

Though, this is not currently implemented this way, and the default has been
changed between the old and the new exporters.

IIRC, Nicolas' answer was to insert \textbf calls where you want such use of
bold face. Or maybe overwriting one variable which would be the macro used for
translation `*' characters -- but, then, you must anyway use one LaTeX macro
or the other.

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] I think this is Eric Fraga's initial choice of meta-character for alert in
the old exporter (using extra custom code).

--
Sebastien Vauban