Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter, beamer confusion
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:09:47 +0800

On Feb 5, 2013 3:51 AM, "Nicolas Goaziou" <address@hidden> wrote:
> In particular, "All frames children become block environments". So in
> your example Third-level is a block environment and Fourth-level is
> a block within it. There's no flattening going on (look at the tex file
> to convince yourself).

Thanks for pointing me to the comments in the .el source file.

So here's my situation. I have a year's worth of lecture slides that render nicely using the old exporter. In the new exporter, the clear hierarchies of "enumerate" environments disappear, replaced by flat blocks. This new behavior is not useful to me.

The comments in the source don't say anything about how I can modify the default "block" behavior. As a result, if the new exporter is fundamentally incompatible with the old and the only way is to insert properties by hand under every headline (across all of my files, I'd guess the count is in the high hundreds, if not >1000)... then the new beamer exporter is not useful to me.

Is there an existing feature request for this? If not, would it help if I logged one? (Even if I didn't have existing files -- I like bullet points on slides, not flat text. I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to set that as a global or per-file preference.)

I don't mean to be harsh. I'm glad for the new exporter and I'll use it for the next article I write. For beamer, though, currently it sounds like a lot of work to get a result that used to be easy.

hjh