Re: Merging bignum to master

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Merging bignum to master
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 11:01:41 -0700

Pip Cet wrote:
Is it intentional that int-forwarded variables are still limited to
the fixnum range? In any case, we probably didn't want to rename
XINTFWD to XFIXNUMFWD...

I think some C code does assume fixnum ranges for these variables, and would have to be inspected. Presumably we'd go to either intmax_t range or Emacs integers (fixnums or bignums), and that might need to be thought through in a case-by-case basis. In the meantime XFIXNUMFWD is probably a good name since that's effectively what the code does now.