Re: Merging bignum to master

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Merging bignum to master
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 15:58:14 -0700

Pip Cet wrote:

I notice that there are a few places where you use XFIXNUMPTR
directly, rather than make_mint_ptr. Is that intentional? I think now
would be a good time to fix it and make XFIXNUMPTR internal to lisp.h.

It's intentional since those few places don't need the full power of make_mint_ptr (often the pointers are already aligned) and there might be trouble if storage allocation fails if the pointer is not aligned. Perhaps you're right and this is overkill; it is confusing at any rate. In the meantime I installed the attached first patch to fix a glitch I saw in this area while looking at the current XFIXNUMPTR uses.

Also, the doc comments for most_negative_fixnum and
most_positive_fixnum in data.c still need updating.

Thanks, done in the second attached patch.