Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:56:09 +0200

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 10:50 PM Joost Kremers <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 31 2018, Drew Adams wrote:
> I thought this discussion had pointed out that for some people
> the icon orientation reflects (and should reflect) the new sort
> direction you will get, whereas for others the icon orientation
> should reflect the current sort direction.

My understanding of the discussion is that for some, a downward
pointing triangle indicates an ascending sort order, while for
others it indicates a descending sort order.

I just wanted to confirm that for everyone the icon represents the current sort order.

Some interpret the icon as a "stack of lines of increasing/decreasing length" and others as the "direction in which the length grow", hence the ambiguity.

Philippe