Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: tabulated-list sort icon is reversed
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:37:08 +0200

Thanks, but I'm probably missing something, because I don't really see
what will this change solve.  And what about the ASCII equivalent?

It's less ambiguous than what is used right now.

It looks a lot like what a lot people agreed was the best option:

On Thu, Aug 02 2018, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'd go with
>
>   -
>   ---
>   -----
>   -------
>   ---------

The only missing thing are the "lines" layers but the shape is there.

About the ASCII equivalent, this is even worse because there's no good way of doing ascii art. I've tried various things like "|_", "|/", "|\" but they look too ugly. I finally settled on the classic "asc/desc", tho "a-z" and "z-a" looked ok too.

Here attached is an updated patch.

Kind regards,
Philippe