Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Summary and next steps for (package-initialize)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 21:31:00 +0300

> From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:52:46 +0300
>
> I'm not proposing we do it multiple times. Disabling that warning after
> it's displayed the first time would be the trivial part.

How can we ask this only once, when the "missing" functions can belong
to different packages?  IOW, what do you suggest to do when the next
such function is found? assume the same answer as we got the first
time?  That could be not what the user wants, I think.

> Same with package-load-list, if it's customized, we assume that the
> user is a grown up and we should not bother him.

Not bother him and do what? always load the package?  What if that
package doesn't appear in package-load-list?  The user would expect to
get an error, since he doesn't expect the package to be loaded at all.