Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 22:00:53 +0800

Why is it that nobody mentions Racket when talking about lisp or scheme?  IMHO it's quite an practical and elegant dialect of lisp/scheme.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden> wrote:
And that project already exists as Guile Emacs. But here we jump into a different territory - the current runtime is relatively well tested, polished and stable among all platforms. While Guile is not and I'm not sure if there is a free software lisp runtime that is. So, apart from being a lot of work just to migrate, for which there is no manpower,  we would also introduce a whole slew of new bugs.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev