Re: Emacs Lisp's future

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Lisp's future
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 05:00:29 -0400

  > > Namespace systems do not fit well into Lisp.

  > The designers and users of the most important Lisps obviously disagree
  > with you:

They are entitled to their opinions but I am not impressed by them.

              Common Lisp, Scheme (since R6RS) and Clojure all have either
  > namespaces or modules.  Racket even has both.

I implemented the Common Lisp name space facility on the Lisp machine,
and I found it was inconvenient for actual use.  It is better always
to use the full name.

--
Dr Richard Stallman