Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Feature freezes and Emacs 25
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 10:59:34 +0000

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Since Emacs 25 is not yet released, the transfer of maintainership comes at a
> slightly awkward time. I haven't fully caught my breath yet, but don't want to
> impede Stefan's legacy from getting out the door.
>
> Let us officially freeze in one weeks, next Friday, Nov 13 at 11:59 PM UTC, so
> that any ready, last minute features can get in before 25.1 is closed. Then
> we'll take a pause and review whether anything should be allowed after the
> freeze. Once we're comfortable with the bug situation, we release.
>
> I'd like to take a somewhat generous period for bug fixes, with feature work
> happening in the meanwhile on topic branches. All severe bugs should either be
> closed, or consciously deferred, before letting 25 out the door.

If possible, I'd like to get my branch
fix/no-undo-boundary-on-secondary-buffer-change in as well. It's not a
huge change (in terms of size), although it's quite significant in that
it affects nearly every keypress in Emacs because it changes the undo
system.

It changes a behaviour which is breaking my current package, and which
cannot be worked around in lisp (at least not sanely).

Phil