Re: kqueue in Emacs 25.1?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: kqueue in Emacs 25.1?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:52:23 +0100

Wolfgang Jenkner <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Wolfgang,

> I compiled your test program (after adding #include <sys/types.h> at the
> top, see kqueue(2)) on FreeBSD 10 and it seems to work as expected?

Yes. That's what I expect under BSD!

> [1 ~]$ cd /tmp/
> [2 /tmp]$ cc -Wall julipedia.c -o julipedia
> [3 /tmp]$ touch foo
> [4 /tmp]$ ./julipedia >/dev/pts/7 2>&1
> [5 /tmp]$
>
> And on the other terminal:
>
> [1 ~]$ tty
> /dev/pts/7
> [2 ~]$ cd /tmp/
> [3 /tmp]$ echo >foo
> [4 /tmp]$ File written
> File extended
> File attributes modified
>
> [4 /tmp]$ echo >>foo
> [5 /tmp]$ File written
> File extended
>
> [5 /tmp]$ chmod a+x foo
> File attributes modified
> [6 /tmp]$ rm foo
> File deleted
> [7 /tmp]$

Whatever I do with /tmp/foo, I see always

File written
File extended
File attributes modified
File link count changed
File renamed
File deleted

No chance to find out which action was triggered :-(

I'm just polishing my code a little bit, and then I will push it as
branch scratch/kqueue. Then you have something to play with it :-)

First of all, I would like to know whether it compiles and links under
BSD the way I have changed it in configure.ac and src/Makefile.in.

Thanks for your testing, and best regards, Michael.