RE: Design of commands operating on rectangular regions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Design of commands operating on rectangular regions
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:19:56 -0800 (PST)

In order to follow all of this, especially since you now
seem to be talking about user-level changes, could someone
please specify (describe) the non-contiguous region feature,
including how users can create and modify such a region
interactively?

That would be really helpful, for me at least.

And could you specify clearly the relation between this
non-contiguous region feature and rectangles?  Presumably
the former is more general but also allows some handling
of rectangles (?).

It sounds like there has been a fair amount of implementation
already, without really any discussion of the design and how
users are affected (interactive behavior - wherever).  But
let me know if I'm mistaken and am jumping the gun, here.