Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Handling invisible text in bidirectional display
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:24:52 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 11:04:13 -0500
>
>     > Great to hear you progress on bidi support!
>
>     I never stopped.  Progress is slow, but steady.
>
>     Things that work so far:
>
> Could you post a TODO list of the things not implemented?

I will do that in a few days, but please note that I don't have an
exhaustive list of all the jobs that need to be done, or even
something close.  Just to make such a list is a very large job which
involves examining many features for possible implicit reliance on
text direction.

What I'm trying to do is prepare some minimal infrastructure upon
which others could build more complex features and applications.  But
even for that much smaller job, the list of things to take care is
highly dynamic, because I find out about hidden problems as I go
along.  I keep notes about issues I discovered; I will use that to
generate some kind of TODO.