Re: X resource leak?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: X resource leak?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:57:26 +0100

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you tell us if you run KDE with gtk-engine?

I use KDE 4.1.3 (on Kubuntu x86_64) and Emacs is configured for using
the gtk widgets. It has

#define USE_GTK 1

and

#define USE_TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS 1

> Is the toolbar enabled and if so does disabling it make any
> difference? Ditto for the scrollbar and menuar.

Bingo! After disabling the scroll bar with M-x scroll-bar-mode emacs
stops allocating X resources.

Switching on/off the menu bar and the tool bar shows no change on
the X resource allocation problem, so it is the scroll bar the only
culprit.

--
Oscar