Re: region-active-p

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:55:15 +0900

Miles Bader writes:

 > So, which operations _don't_ check?  Well, I assume there are some which
 > don't check, but probably should, so maybe it's more reasonable to ask,
 > which operations _shouldn't_ check?

As I wrote before, these APIs seem to be mainly used for interactive
DWIM-type functions where you can either specify a region or let
XEmacs guess a region for you.  I can't think of an operation that
*shouldn't* check offhand, but if there is one, it would be a bad idea
for these APIs to check because they wouldn't work with such an API if
they did.  Since they're only used interactively AFAIK, postponing the
check to the function that actually does the work is no big loss.