Re: region-active-p

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 21:21:16 -0400

> Thanks.  Now I understand what XEmacs does here.
> I propose to add an optional argument NONEMPTY to region-active-p
> which means "return nil if the region is empty".  How about it?

I expect the opposite makes more sense:

   (defun region-active-p (&optional allow-empty)
     "Return non-nil if the region is active.
   Optional argument ALLOW-EMPTY non-nil means that an empty region
   may also be considered as active."
     ...)

This is because in most cases we've seen we want to treat empty regions as
inactive.

        Stefan