Re: can't turn off font-lock

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: can't turn off font-lock
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:54:30 -0500

> I most definitely do observe fontish things happening:

I'm sorry, my mistake.  I was mistakenly invoking a prior version of Emacs.
With 22.1, I don't see any fontification in M-x shell after
(global-font-lock-mode 0).  Yay.

I did notice another place where it happens in 22.1, though: a simple
M-x shows the "M-x " prompt in blue (in emacs-under-x), likewise other
prompts (e.g., "Eval: " after M-x eval-expression RET).

Thanks,
karl