Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:18:06 -0500

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     As Kim has mentioned, it is unclear what bugs you are referring to.
>     There are only a couple of bugs listed in FOR-RELEASE.  The bugs in
>     emacs-pretest-bug, which are usually minor problems, get fixed at
>     about the same rate as they are being reported, i.e. after a few days.
>     Maybe the reason you have the idea that bugs aren't being fixed
>     because developers sometimes don't send a follow-up email to the list
>     when they check their fix into CVS.
>
> I hope soon to have time to recheck the saved mail.
> But there are several messages I have posted more than once on
> this list, with no response, which will go into FOR-RELEASE
> when I get future reminders.

That does not mean no one is working on fixing those few bugs; just
that they have not been fixed yet.  It is not an argument against
starting the pretest.  As people have pointed out several times, it is
better to know about bugs earlier rather than later, since bug fixing
takes place in parallel, not sequentially.