Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:02:23 -0500

    Starting the pretest is not the same as making a release.  As others
    have pointed out, the couple of bugs that are still in FOR-RELEASE can
    be worked on during the pretest;

LOTS of bugs have been reported in the past two weeks, and I think
many have not been worked on at all.  We are already out about more
bugs faster than we are fixing them, and the cause is simple: we are
not working enough on fixing them.  To help us move towards a release,
please fix some of these bugs!

There is also other work in FOR-RELEASE which is just straightforward
work, rather than debugging.