RE: Yet another emacs icons

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Yet another emacs icons
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:57:56 -0700

        I think all of your icons are very pretty, but I liked the earlier
        "notebook" versions much better

    What do you mean by "notebook versions"?  I can't match that with
    anything I remember seeing.

Lennart has put all of the icons here:
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html.  The "notebook" icons are here:
http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/NewIcons.html#AndrewZhilin.

However, the "notebook" icons are not 16x16. For that size, Andrew uses the
"crooked horns" only, without the notebook.

Unless we plan to use the larger icons somewhere, I think we should consider
only 16x16 icons. That would no doubt eliminate any consideration of
notebook images, as much as some people might like them.

        [*] Of course someone who doesn't use emacs won't know what the
        crooked horns mean -- but so what?

    I do use Emacs, but I don't find crooked horns to have a self-evident
    meaning.  Also I am not sure I would recognize any crooked horns
    in those images.  That may not make them bad, though.

I agree. Such an image should be judged on its own, without regard to its
possible suggestion of gnu horns, because that association is absent,
especially at size 16x16.