Re: Yet another emacs icons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Yet another emacs icons
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:55:29 +0900

2005/10/18, Mathias Dahl <address@hidden>:
> I like the non-notebook version of the 16 x 16 icon better. It seems
> that trying to squeeze that into notebook-look makes it look "strange"
> instead.

Oh, I dunno, I think Andrew's idea of making it an "upright notebook"
instead of slanted is a good one for easing the space constraints, and
something nice can be made with a bit more effort  Since the notebook
"theme" is very useful, it seems worth trying.

Perhaps reducing the number of notebook rings and giving up trying to
make it look quite so "3D" (i.e., make something slightly more
abstract like olde-tyme mac icons) would be useful?  Most of the good
icons I see at 16x16 size seem to use a more abstract high-contrast
style, not the shiny 3D ray-traced look... :-)

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.