Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:55:55 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 8/9/05, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

 None of these problems make Emacs unusable.

No, no unusable. However...

The JPEG problem can be avoided
by compiling with a Free compiler (which we do anyway for binary
releases).

...that's not entirely true. We don't distribute the libraries' DLLs.
Matching a GCC-built Emacs with some MSVC-built libraries could expose
the same problem.

OK, so we release the binary without JPEG support. It's still better than not releasing at all.