Re: Gnus integration (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gnus integration (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)
Date: 15 Jul 2004 12:07:54 -0400

> I think the best way forward is to check in an unmodified Oort Gnus along
> with a "best effort" list of things that might need merging (a big patch
> file, maybe).  Then ask Dave Love what changes he made on the original Gnus
> version before checking it in (in high-level terms) so we can assess what
> needs to be redone.  Then we can all try to help select what really needs
> to be merged and do the merge (I can easily merge in the patches that
> I installed, for example).

And of course, my first paragraph (not quoted here) implies that any change
that we thus apply to the unmodified Oort Gnus should be carefully passed
on to the Gnus maintainers for inclusion.

Some may think "this is too much work", but I think instead we should at it
as a good way to make sure we concentrate on the really important changes.

        Stefan