Gnus update (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Gnus update (was: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:58:28 +0200

On Thu, Jul 15 2004, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> But in the case of Gnus, it appears that lots of changes have been
> made to Emacs CVS which have not systematically been merged back.

Correct.

> I wonder if something could be done about this?
>
> Perhaps all Emacs developers working on externally maintained package
> X should get CVS access to that package, as well?

After Miles started to work on merging Gnus, Lars gave him CVS access
to Gnus.  I see not reason that Lars wouldn't give access to other
Emacs developers as well.

OTOH, it has been discussed on emacs-devel that in the future (after
the release) the current development version of Gnus should be put
into Emacs' CVS trunk.  This should simplify future merging.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)