Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:01:10 +0100

> Basically I don't see any benefit in this change.  If you want to
> redefine it, as a prefix key or any other way, you can already do
> that.

Sure, but the current implementation will continue to confuse new users.
Pressing C-z by accident makes Emacs disappear out of the blue.  And
there is now way to cancel this command using C-g.

At least, please add something to ask the user for confirmation:

    "Do you really want to inconify Emacs? (y/n)"

These days, only experts use Emacs without X; and experts will know
that C-z is something special on the console.

All hackers who speak up in this thread confirmed that they are using
redefinition for C-z - thus ther must be something flawed with the
current key binding ;)

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)