Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: 29 Oct 2003 08:30:54 -0500

> At least, please add something to ask the user for confirmation:
>     "Do you really want to inconify Emacs? (y/n)"

Given the fact that iconification is normally done via the window manager
rather than via Emacs commands, and given the fact that we all seem to
agree that C-z is only ever used by mistake, I'd argue that we should
make either C-z or maybe even iconify-or-deiconify-frame into a "wizard"
command like narrow-to-region, capitalize-region, and eval-expression
which requires confirmation unless explicitly enabled.

The only cases I use C-z or C-x C-z is when my fingers slip.  Admittedly, it
hasn't been enough of an annoyance until now to convince me to remove the
binding, but this thread has prompted me to finally do it.

        Stefan