Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:39:30 -0500

       what else useful could we put on c-z
       instead of iconify?  it wd not be available on text terminals.

    One possibility is to make it a prefix reserved for users,
    like C-c followed by a letter.

That might be a useful thing to do with some key if it could be
available on ttys also.  But people would probably be very unhappy
that it was unavailable except under X.

Basically I don't see any benefit in this change.  If you want to
redefine it, as a prefix key or any other way, you can already do
that.