Re: Idea for determining what users use

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Idea for determining what users use
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:32:09 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+misc/address@hidden> writes:

>> > These are very badly configured machines.
>> > Complain to whoever is responsible for such a brain dead behavior.
>> That would be me :-)
>
> Are you saying that consciously installed sendmail and set up
> its config so that it does the wrong thing ?

Well, kind of.  I'm using exim for local mail delivery, so that the
cron jobs can mail me their output.  But all my mail goes via
external hosts directly -- and this is configured in my Emacs only.
The reason is that it was easier for me to configure Emacs correctly
than to configure Exim correctly.

Exim had a problem with my machine not having a hostname.  For some
time I tricked exim into thinking that my machine was
confusibombus.emacswiki.org -- but www.emacswiki.org is just the web
hosting somewhere in Germany, so then other problems started to
appear.  And before I thinking it all through, I decided to do an
Emacs-only solution.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl