Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:42:07 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Alan Shutko <address@hidden> writes:
> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
>>  I'd like to display such global information not in the mode
>>  line but, for instance, at the right end of menu bar, or
>>  tool bar if they exist.

> No.  This information is important to the user (otherwise the user
> would not have turned it on).  Putting it at the end of anything, be
> it the mode-line, the menu bar, or the tool bar, will sometimes lose
> this information if the toolbar or menubar is too long (which often,
> it is).

I mean "... at the right end of menu bar ... overriding the
other data".  So, if that is implemented, we don't loose
that information.  It may be better that the hidden part
appears (by hiding display-time-string) when one moves mouse
to the area in the menu bar where normal menus are
displayed.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden