Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:35:00 -0400

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to display such global information not in the mode
> line but, for instance, at the right end of menu bar, or
> tool bar if they exist.

No.  This information is important to the user (otherwise the user
would not have turned it on).  Putting it at the end of anything, be
it the mode-line, the menu bar, or the tool bar, will sometimes lose
this information if the toolbar or menubar is too long (which often,
it is).

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
Who the hell cares where Carmen Sandiego is?