Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Getting started with Emacs BiDi

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Getting started with Emacs BiDi
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:46:20 +0300

> From: Ze'ev Clementson <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:23:12 -0700
>
> I startup emacs24 with the following:
> ./Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --debug-init -q
> C-h i
> M Emacs RET
> g Bidi TAB
>
> I get: "No match"

Are you sure you are reading the version of the manual that came with
this Emacs?  Try "C-u C-h i" and then type the full absolute file name
of the Emacs manual (the file named `emacs') that came with this build.

I'm quite sure you are looking at some old version of the manual,
because it turns out the latest Aquamacs 24 already has the bidi node
(I just checked), and you told me you didn't find it there as well.

> So, it looks like the "Bidirectional Editing" node is not in the
> publicly-accessible emacs24 sources.

Yes, it is.  I'm building the current trunk on several different
machines, and they all have it.