Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:39:33 +0330 (IRT)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Given this design, I think that the problem with breaking lines in the
> presence of explicit embedding controls should not exist.

I was talking about portablity. You recommended the use of explicit marks
to ensure portablity. I told that many application will not support
explicit marks, because they say it's hard to implement, and that will
make the code not portable. You asked about what makes it hard. I told
the difference.

I was not talking about it being hard or easy to add the support to
Emacs. I also do not know about the Emacs internals really.

--roozbeh